Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Adventures

This is me as a potbelly pig. I dressed up for a Halloween party at playgroup, and was the only adult to have dressed up. I still love the idea of dressing up each year, but apparently other adults think they are above that. Hmmm... lol. However, I made a convincing pig. I just made a tail out of pipe cleaner, used the same mask I used when I was like seven, and dressed all in pink. And my natural pigginess did the rest.
My friend Brisa (from Mexico) brought her son Luke over and we carved pumpkins. She had never done it before, so I bought her a pumpkin and we carved away. She had a great time and did a great job. Hers is the one on the right, mine on the left. She wanted to copy a model so she did it right. I told her mine turn out strange every year but that is what is fun. It is fun to learn about new cultures for both of us.
This is Hyrum at This is the Place Park. They have a fun little village where there are tons of kid sized houses. This was supposed to be witch Hazel's candy home. I thought it was fabulous and so did Hyrum.
Hyrum looked so sweet in his tiger costume. For as cheap as it was bought last year after Halloween, he wore it about seven or eight times for different activities. It was well worth it, and he loved to wear it!
This was Hyrum's Halloween shirt he got from Wal-Mart. It is pretty cool. The ghost lights up every time someone moves past. So it has these fun right lights always lighting up and delighting him.

3 comments:

Nessa Burt said...

How funny. I LOVE your costume. Hyrum looks so cute in his costume. Those cheeks are AWESOME!!

Wendy said...

Great costume Laura! Awesome!I love the idea of dressing up too.

Blog Ness Monsters said...

What a festive Halloween you had!!! We had a great one too... but not like yours! You did it all! mark and I didn't even carve pumpkins! I LOVE your costumes!