Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A few tasty dishes in a super busy week.

Tuna Noodle Casserole.... Something I've always thought was a bit white trash. I know, so rude. :) Cody love it though so I found a recipe I thought I'd give a try. I added some veggies in it to make me feel a bit better about it and to make the flavor more interesting. All in all I'd keep this recipe because it is cheap, easy, and actually quite tasty.
Next was what I was really excited about: Chocolate Banana Cream Trifle. Yum Yum! When I first saw this recipe I was intimidated because it was so long. But it was really easy. The only hard thing was getting it to look like the pretty picture (not the one above!) Oh this was a good recipe and it would impress company for sure! So these are going into my stash!

Tuna Noodle Casserole

8oz cooked noodles

1 can tuna fish

1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup

2/3 cup milk

(optional cooked vegetables)

Buttered bread crumbs

Mix all ingredients together except bread crumbs. Place in casserole dish. Top with Bread Crumbs. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.

Chocolate Banana Cream Truffle

18 whole graham crackers

¾ cup chocolate morsels

1 12oz container whipped topping

1 ¾ oz box vanilla instant pudding

1 cup milk

4 large bananas, peeled

2 Tbspn lemon juice

Chop graham crackers; set aside. For ganache, place chocolate morsels and 1 ½ cup whipped topping into a small bowl. Microwave on high until melted and smooth, stirring every 15 seconds.

Combine pudding mix and milk in separate bowl; whisk until thickened. Fold in remaining whipped topping. Slice bananas, sprinkle with lemon juice and toss gently. Set aside 10-12 slices for garnish.

To assemble trifle, place half the graham cracker crumbs over bottom of trifle bowl. Place half the bananas on crackers and top with one third of the gananche. Spread half of the pudding filling over ganache. Repeat layer. Decorate with remaining ganache and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Arrange reserved banana slices around edges.

No comments: